subscribe

Thursday, July 12, 2012

{Inspire to be inspired.}

by Betty
You Haven’t Seen the Last of Me.
Fun fact: I am obsessed with movie musicals. Rent, Chicago, Nine…Burlesque. I can sing almost every word to every song. There is something about the music, dancing and costumes that make me wish I took theater in high school.
I have had 3 very inspiring experiences…all in just one day! Like I have said before, I tell everyone about my journey to stay accountable and to find inspiration along the way.
Inspire to be inspired.
Her name is Kathy and she is a manager in a department in the hospital I work for. There was just something about her. She exuded an energy that I hope to one day mirror. I knew we would be friends the moment I met her, but I can’t just say that out loud without risking a 5150 hold. I have been struggling with a rib out of place and mentioned that my recent boot camp may be the culprit. She immediately took interest and I knew our connection was going to be our weight loss journeys. She explained that she has lost 100 pounds in 1 year!!!! Holy! And went from a size 28/30 to a 14/16. Amazed! She has changed her life all on her own. Her eyes were bright and proud as she spoke. We hugged; I took her card and look forward to building our friendship.
I have mentioned before that my Body Bugg (named Tonia, after my ass kickin trainer at the Resort) has been one of the greatest tools I have in my life. It counts my calories burned so I know where I am at and how much more I need to do to meet my target. I mentioned that I had a Body Bugg to this fantastic co-worker, T, who is in excellent shape (and looks like Pro-WMBA star Candace Parker) and she went home and bought one. The same day! I know people read this blog and I know Cara and I have done our fair share of spreading the knowledge, but she actually bought the Body Bugg and called me to say “thank you for inspiring me”. Crazy, because I am so inspired by her. She is clearly very active and healthy. What can I possibly do to inspire her? I am so honored to say that this journey has been so much bigger than I ever thought it would be.
I made a friend with this feisty lady, Beth, down the hall from my office. She is everything I want to be when I am truly at peace with who I am. She doesn’t take shit from anyone, but has a heart big enough for everyone. I sit with her in between busy parts of our day and we talk about family and fitness and life. I hadn’t seen her in a couple weeks and when she saw me today she told me I looked great and looked like I lost since I’d seen her last. I am not one for compliments. I think all the years of self-loathing stopped me from even being able to hear a compliment from anyone. Still unsure about receiving them, it felt great to hear Beth say it because I know no bullshit would ever leave her mouth. I even did a little skip back to my office.
The reason I am sharing this is because I am so not the person I was 7 months ago. I forget that the new people I am working with now, don’t know the old me. They only know the new me. They are all such a part of my journey and keep me inspired. I will continue to stay present, mindful and sweaty. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself.
This is far from over. You haven’t seen the last of me.
Shout outs:
Cara….Sometimes I think you are far past hard days, but I know not every day is easy for either of us. You have changed your life. I look at you and I see success. You are doing this for you and Ryan and your babies. The greatest gift you could ever give. I am so proud of you and I am inspired by your skinny ass every day. Let hard days come and let them go. Tomorrow is a new day. I dedicate this Cher song to you. I love you more than floating on Pinecrest Lake.

To Kathy, T, and Beth, THANK YOU for inspiring me. I need my journey to be filled with moments that make all the hard worth it. You make it worth it.
Tips:
Tell everyone about your journey and watch movie musicals.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! You inspire me all the time. I feel like you get it, you get me and my struggles! You are beautiful and I'm proud of you!

    SOOO glad I haven't seen the last of you! That would be a SAD SAD DAY! Love you Sister's SOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to know that when I did my first Triathlon a few weeks ago, the image of you and Meg refusing to give up when we were hiking up Mt Everest is what kept me from drowning that day. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Let me tell you I did theater in high school and can tell you it was social suicide...but really fun. I just got the App "My Fitness Pal" for iPhone, have you guys heard of that one? You like? Dislike? You put in your info, goal etc, and it gives you a calorie budget, you input what you eat and exercise and it keeps you on track (if you pay attention to it) and free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth,

      Thanks for following us. Yes, I use My Fitness Pal. In fact, I live and breathe by it. I have struggled tracking my food but that app has brought me much success.

      Brianne

      Delete